Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Our Journey.....

About two months ago, we started a crazy, whirlwind, cry your eyes out (my eyes really) homeschooling journey.  It all started with my son asking if I would homeschool him.  What?!?!.....I asked him.  Yes, that is right Mom, will you homeschool me?  The first time I said no...in a loving way of course.  But the second time, I knew it was time to start putting some serious thought into this.  I knew there was a reason he was asking but I didn't know what it was.

After a couple weeks of having my face buried in books and blogs about homeschooling, I decided it was time to make up my mind.  We were going to be "one of those" families.  I didn't tell anyone for a while because I was afraid of their response.  I had read in books that some of the common things people would say were, "Oh, you are one of those families", "You are ruining your children", "Are you going to go crazy being with your kids all day?"  To be honest, being that I have never homeschooled before, I actually thought those things.  Two months later.....I don't care who knows it and honestly, some days I think I am crazy BUT I am loving the ride (even on days when I am almost in tears).

So enough about that......let me tell you about my family.  My name is Aimee and I love to CRAFT!  Anything crafty....and I love it!  I haven't done it that last 2 months but I love it!  :)  I am married to my sweetheart.....let's call him "The Boss Man"......now he knows he isn't the true boss, but I like to tease him about that.  ;) He is however a boss at his work....hence the nickname.  My oldest is 8 years old (2nd grade) and we will call him "T-Man."  He is ALL boy!  He loves dirt, diggers, bugs...basically all things dirty.  My baby is 4 years old and we will call her "Muffin."  She is ALL girl....and I couldn't be happier!  She loves dresses, my high heel shoes, baby dolls, and she hates anything that is sticky.

Glad you found me and I hope you will stick around!


No comments:

Post a Comment