Sunday, December 2, 2012

Our Nature Journals

I have seen "Nature Journals" around the homeschooling world but never tried them because I wasn't sure my kids would like them.  Boy, was I W.R.O.N.G.!  I found these great nature journal sheets at Living and Learning At Home blog.

We walked around our neighborhood looking at trees, grass, leaves, the beautiful mountains that we live so close too, etc.  After we talked about everything we saw, we came home and started drawing.  This was a great writing exercise for T-Man and Muffin dictated to me.  I love writing word for word what she says because I know one day she will look back at these and laugh. 


T-Man wrote about leaves changing color and trees losing them.


Muffin wrote about the grass turning brown, Halloween and colorful leaves.


We plan to do these once a week and by the end of each school year, they will each have a beautiful book of nature journal pages.

(We did this in October, just getting around to posting it now.)

No comments:

Post a Comment